Not On Tobacco (N-O-T) is the American Lung Association’s voluntary smoking cessation program for teens 14-19. Over the 10-week program, participants learn to identify their reasons for smoking, healthy alternatives to tobacco use, and people who will support them in their efforts to quit.
The best thing about N-O-T? It really works. N-O-T is a structured approach to smoking cessation based on the social cognitive theory. Studies of 12,000 teens participating in the N-O-T program nationally found that approximately 90 percent of the teens enrolled in the N-O-T program either quit smoking or cut back.
Let’s quit together!
Quitting smoking isn’t easy—but it’s easier with the right help. The American Lung Association’s Not On Tobacco (N-O-T)® program gives you options, resources and support to quit for good! N-O-T® is a quit smoking program for teens. It helps you develop a plan that leads up to your quit day and helps you quit tobacco for good. You’ll also get the support you need to remain smokefree for life!
What you’ll learn:
• How to stop making excuses for not quitting
• Why you smoke and what it will be like when you quit
• How smoking affects your mind and body
• How to overcome nicotine addiction
• Getting ready for your quit day
• Benefits of quitting
• What to do if you slip
• Getting support from your friends and family
• Managing stress and avoiding weight gain
• How to stay smokefree for good